Saturday, May 16, 2009

Positive Thinking


(photo has absolutely nothing to with post-just wanted it here)
I have been having a weird thing happen to me lately.
I seem to have the power to 'will' people and things into my life.

Okay so I dont think I have a special power but I am finding it happening too often to just shrug off.

It all started a few weeks ago. I was thinking a lot about a person I hadnt seen in over 3 years. I was wondering how they were, what they were up to, etc. So I kept telling myself that I really wanted to know about this persons recent life. For about a week I thought often about this person. Then it happened-I ran into them at the store.

Okay this person lives in the same city and could happen but it hadnt for three years.

So then I find a contest online. I tell myself I really would like to win it. I keep thinking about winning the prize (nothing big). -Well, I won it. Now I dont win things-ever!

So now is when I realize that these two things have happened after me thinking positively about each of them.

So I want to test it.

I tell myself I want to hear from a friend that I havent spoken to for awhile.
Next day-I get an email from her.

Still, she's a friend and eventually she would have emailed so that was an easy co-incidence.

Now I pick someone harder. An old co-worker that I havent seen from in about 5 years. I dont email her or have her as a facebook friend even. I think she lives within 30 mins of me but still have never seen her in last 5 years. I keep thinking about how I'd like to see her. Well 4 days later-I see her!
Stupid thing is I was so spooked by this that I couldnt even talk to her and just walked the other way.

So now I dont know what to think.
I am not one of those 'think it and it will happen' people.
I am just not that positive ;).
but yet...............

I might just keep trying this thing.


I have another person in my head that I would really like to run into and have in my life again. I am thinking lots about her and trying to 'will' her into my life.

I am pretty sure there is some whole 'movement' like this or some book and such that talks about 'positive thinking'. I am not going to be reading it.

All I know is that it cant hurt to think about people I care about and want them to be in my life again. And even if it doesnt 'bring' them back in maybe it might just encourage me enough to contact some of them myself.

Oh and I'm pretty sure this application to my life wont work with 'material' goods-i'm not going out and buying lotto tickets anytime soon.

(yes I won a contest but I think that was just to make me realize the other had occured.)

1 comment:

kiaras mom said...

i think you should still buy a lotto ticket. sounds like you are on to something!