Monday, November 24, 2008

Canadian Handmade

I thought I would start mentioning some of the lovely Canadian Businesses that I have come across lately. There are so many talented people and companies out there that it is sometimes hard to stay 'seen' in the virtual world. I find myself finding small businesses all the time that I love and would like to help 'throw' a small bit of extra traffic their way.

This week I have decided to choose five Canadian Shops from the ETSY site. In case you are unaware of etsy it is a handmade store site. Crafters set up shop, take photos of items for sale, write sale blobs and buyers can find all stores under one site-ETSY. It is a great site! (It also sells vintage and supplies but that's not my focus.) Since Etsy is composed of different sellers and shops be sure you read policies and shipping details before you purchase anything.

Shop One:
Teedious


Specializing in funny, cute and nerdy custom printed apparel; these t-shirts, onesies and bibs make fantastic and unique gifts for yourself or others!

I am proud to custom print using professional materials, resulting in a high quality product. As well, all items are created and shipped from a clean air environment. Please take a look at the Shop Policies for more information about shipping and processes!
A couple of my favs:
When I grow up I want to be a dinosaur - Funny baby one piece, organic cotton
Somthing Stinks - Funny toddler t-Shirt

Shop Two:
potatopatch

Welcome to Potatopatch!

Potatopatch offers unique potato stamped shirts for babies and kids. Each design is made by carving potatoes and stamping onto our shirts to create an original print. No two shirts are alike! Created in the heartland of potato country Alliston, Ontario, Canada our potatoes are supplied by local farmer Dorsey Farms. All of Potatopatch shirts are high quality 100% cotton and are applied with non-toxic fabric paint.

Let your children enjoy our playful clothing!

Some items that I think are delightful:
Blue Butterfly Short Sleeve Onesie or T ShirtJohn Deere Tractor Long Sleeve Onesie or T-ShirtBaby Boy Newborn Gift Set - Blue Argyle




Shop Three:
plushoff


I make most of my plushies kid safe. The first time I make something they are tried and tested by my one year old, so I know that they are safe and won't fall apart! However as with anything supervise children under three years of age. If it is NOT kid safe, I will add a note in the item description, so make sure you check!

Are these not Adorable!!
Triple Stack Of PancakesPink Hungry BunnySunny Side Up Egg

Shop Four:
citefuzz

First and foremost I'm a full time mother to my three gorgeous girls and wife to my busy musician husband. Life's hectic!, so in whatever spare time I have I enjoy being creative. I'm inspired by colors the way the work together and my kids! Doing these things has always allowed me to take some much needed time for myself, and while I'm at it, make some beautiful things for my friends and family.
After a while everybody told me to start selling this stuff!, so I started selling my items in some boutiques around town, and now I found Etsy, the internet is great! My children inspire most of my items and I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy making them. Lori :)



I dont think you can get anything cuter than the monkey hat. I am just struggling to decide what colour to order my daughters in!
Cotton Chocolate Goldfish Stripe Bebop Brim HatCotton Furry Earflap Hat- Deep SeaCotton Mini Monkey Flap Hat -  Latte with Oatmeal Trim 0-6 months

Shop Five:
BoysenberryLane

Welcome to Boysenberry Lane, where you will find unique and fuzzy fingerless glove/wrist warmers, zipper pouches and coffee cup cozies. I hope you find something you like today.

These would look adorable on any pre-teen girl
Boysenberry Lane Fleece Fingerless Gloves / Wristwarmers for Kids ... Ladybug LandingBoysenberry Lane Fleece Fingerless Gloves / Wristwarmers for Girls ... Red Romantic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great collection of shops!!