Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas

The countdown is on in our house.

We like to break it into smaller sections so it makes the time go by faster.

First we have 5 more days till Dec 1st and the start of out family advent calender. This is a wall quilt that I made for the kids and tie daily presents to. The kids love it and look forward to it going up every year. We alternate days with the kids and since the boys now have a sister they will each get a gift every three days.

We are also at 7 more days of school till Dec break (my kids attend a school with an alternative calender that works 3 months on, one off. Love it.)

Then we have 14 more days till our disneyland vacation-I think I am just as excited as the kids! We are going away for a week and are just doing Anaheim this year. We have 8 days/ 7 nights and only have plans for 5 of those days. I am looking forward to Disneyland but I am also looking forward to the days of non-amusement park fun.

Next we have 23 days till our Christmas with my side of the family. This is a bit chaotic as it is only two days after returning from out vacation and we have to clean form the trip, buy and decorate a tree (yes, I live for real trees still) and do grocery shopping. Not exactly a relaxing time but I am still looking forward to it.

Then the big one. 30 days till Christmas! This year is the first year that my husband is on shift Christmas Eve and will not be home till Christmas morning. It seems a bit strange that I will be getting up with the kids by myself and that he will be missing the look in their eyes as they see the tree and tall the gifts surrounding it. I am not sure how long I can hold them back and can only hope to keep them satisfied with a few stocking gifts till he returns.

Then of course we have four birthdays to celebrate thrown in there. Two on the 19th, one on the 28th and our eldest son's on the 31st.

It is a crazy month but one that I look forward to all year long. Perhaps because it is just so busy that I dont need to come up with extra things to keep me busy all day long-they just appear.

Did I mention that I still cant sleep Christmas Eve because I am just too excited???!!

No comments: