Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's Getting Cold Out Here

There's been a major shift in weather here the past few weeks. It wasnt long ago that we were all still wearing our shorts and leaving the house with short sleeve shirts on. Not anymore. It is officially cold out.

The heat has been on in the house for a week now and the vehicles are all frosty in the morning. I hate the mornings now (okay I never really like mornings). I never want to get out of my nice warm covers and I really never want to go out and warm the truck up before we head to school.

Did I say that I hate the mornings now?

But the colder weather has sparked a few new ideas for projects. I made some winter warmer bandanas yesterday-a cozy fleece version of the dribble bandana. It's great for little ones to wear under or over their jackets in place of a scarf. I always loved (and still do) scarves on kids but I am always fearful of them getting caught on something. They run a risk of strangulation and that I dont like. So the Winter Warmer Bandana is a great alternative. Unfortunately I havent found a 'boy' fabric that I like yet so I only have a girls version. It is 100% polyester fleece and will fit 0-5 year olds.

I also am working on some other seasonal products. I hope to have them up in the next week or so but my kids are hounding me to finish their Halloween costumes so I will be doing those first.

No comments: