Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Soothing Idea

I was waiting and waiting for my snap order to arrive so I could complete the piles of projects that are overtaking my sewing studio. They finally arrived yesterday and I ran upstairs to start attaching them to all that needed them.

I was working on some of the pacifier clips when I started to think that maybe I didnt need snaps on them. I know there are a lot of parents that don't like snaps on baby products and won't buy items with snaps. I started to think about this. (I always take extra care when putting on my snaps and feel they are safe and use all my products with my own baby). But I do understand the fear of small items around babies and toddlers.

So I thought 'why don't I make a loop at top just like my happy straps?' So I tried it on a few and it works great. No small pieces at top end that attaches to soother and just a clip at other end that is double stitched on. My problem is this-will others know how to use a pacifier clip like this? Does the general public know how to use a loop when they want to attach things? I will have to write instructions on packaging and I am thinking an online visual demonstration might be usefull-actually an online visual for the happy strap might be a good idea as well.


I am still going to keep my other style with the snaps but perhaps offer both kinds and see what sells better. What's your opinion?

(I will post some pics later today so you can have a better idea of what I mean)

No comments: